Planetarium Shows and Events
- The planetarium has offered a wide variety of presentations and held many events over the years.
- Click under Shows and Events tab to see what was offered by year.
- Most activities take place at the planetarium and are open to the public.
- Some activities have been done for school and community groups. We offer free presentations for school and community groups. We will try to find a volunteer at a mutually agreeable time.
- These presentations are almost always free. Admission is charged for fundraising events and when planetarium needs to pay stipend to an out of town guest.
- Most events are all ages. Some are intended for children and some for adults.
- Events and presentations made possible by volunteers who share an interest in astronomy and passion to share.
Image from www.dreamstime.com
The presentations and events are done by volunteers and reflect their knowledge and interests. Most programming is for a general all ages audience. Some activities are designed for children while some are for an adult audience.
- Live digital starball shows showing Juneau's night sky on a clear night. Different every time
- General astronomy topics e.g. history, planets
- Cosmology topics e.g. The Big Bang
- Astronomy Humor e.g astronaut antics
- NASA topics e.g. Cassini, Exoplanets
- Yoga and Music Under the Stars
- Science on a Sphere
- Astronomy and Mythology
- Community projects e.g. planet walk and tidal gage
- Telescope viewing
- Children's hands on activities
- Movies (retro sci-fi, documentary and fiction
- Family oriented movies
- Astronomy poetry contest
- Participation in community events e.g. July 4th parade, Earth Day at the Glacier and Community Day on Campus