2001 Shows and Events
NASA image of planets within and beyond our solar system
The Planets - More Than Nine! (Jan. 9, 10 and 11)Included a special Mars Corner exhibit, which includes a scale. Weigh yourself to find out how much you would weigh on Mars. The exhibit shows recent photographs of Mars taken from the Hubble Space Telescope.
Blast Off - Rockets and Space Travel
Past, Present and Future
Between 1960 and 1963 the first six American astronauts journeyed into space abrord one man Mercury capsules.
Partipcipated in July 4th Parade
The Beginning and the End
- Family activities Monday (Feb. 19)
- Everything About the Sun and The Sun and Other Stars (March 6 and 7, three 3 shows)
- Several Juneau Astronomy Club telescope viewing/workshop
- Summer Solstice - Dedication of downtown community sundial (June 20)
- Several Volunteer Training Workshops (September)
- Music under the Stars (Oct. 2 and 3)
- Aurora Australis (Nov. 6 and 7)