Give Astronomy Presentation or organize an astronomy event
We are looking for volunteers to help with education presentation on a broad range of astronomy subjects. Our presentations reflect the knowledge and interests of volunteers.
A show typically involves a starball presentation followed by a powerpoint lecture. Presenters often include music, video or access the internet. However, you don't have to use powerpoint style presentatoin. You can deliver a traditional lecture with lots of Q&A or have a hands on science or art project or show a movie.
Presentations usually done at planetarium, but occasionally are at another location such as Valley Library.
Our greatest need people who have the knowledge and interest to share their love of astronomy to students from Kindergarten to high school , especially children in younger grades.
You can plan an all ages show or choose to cater your show children (within an age range) or cater your show adults. Anyone can come to any presentation, but the target audience it up to the presenter included in publicity.
We also have a need to people to organize hand on science and/or art projects instead of or in addition to traditional powerpoint lecture format. We have art supplies.
We have lots of books for you to research a topic.
- We are currently seeking presenters on the Moon for our June shows and presenters on Apollo 11 for our July shows.
- astronomy legends and stories from various cultural perspectives
- A famous astronomer
- An upcoming or past astronomical event
- space tourism
- NASA and private space missions
- A planet, stars, solar systems, cosmology, comets,
- The northern lights
Learn to Use Starball
Think outside the box
We welcome creative ways to use the planetarium - see examples below
- Yoga or Chanting Under the Stars
- Astronomy Poetry readings
- Music under the stars
- Mudroom style astronomy stories.
- Science fiction and astronomy movies.
Organize a Stargazing Party
Qualities Needed in Volunteers
We need volunteers who has enthusiastic about astronomy and have knowledge of the subject they wish to share.